Saturday, January 1, 2011

Very Superstitious: Happy New Year

I'm writing this blog because I was raised by a very superstitious woman. My Nana was the type of woman that would not allow me to wear an article of clothing that I'd put on backward out of the house. We'd have to count to ten before leaving the house if we had to return to get something we'd forgotten. Salt over the shoulder. No brooms over the feet while sweeping. You get it. While I'm not sure if any of the perils and pitfalls of my life are actually due to me stepping on a cracks or breaking mirrors there is one lil superstition of my dear old Nan's that I've always held in regard. She would always say (and I'm 100% sure it wasn't just her) that what ever you do when you were bringing in the new year would be what you'd be doing all year.

How true is this? Well I dunno, but I've spent a many new years eve drunk off my ass with new years day being reserved for nursing my hang over. As those of you who follow me and some who know me personally can attest, I've spent some years pretty damn drunk, and largely unhappy. So this year, even if it is just superstition, I plan on bringing in the new year doing what I'd like to be doing all year. Writing and working. Both of which have grown me so much in the last year. I want to keep it going. I want to publish my book this year. This is less resolution and more what I "resolve" to do because it's time.

Speaking of time...10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Rosie.

No comments:

Post a Comment